Applying for a raffles license involves three steps:
- Registration as a "qualified" organization
- Municipal approval of the specific raffles event
- State review of the municipality-approved application
Any organization wishing to apply for a municipal license to conduct raffles must first register with and obtain an identification number from the state's Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission (LGCCC). In order to register, the organization must submit a completed application accompanied by a non-refundable registration fee of $100. Senior citizen clubs and organizations are exempt from the registration fee. The initial registration is good for two years and it can be renewed every two years thereafter for $100.
Once an organization is qualified to conduct games of chance under the provisions of state law and is in receipt of an identification number from the LGCCC, it may apply for a raffles license from the Randolph Township Clerk.
Any application must first be approved by the township council before being forwarded to the LGCCC therefore, it is important that adequate time is allowed. An application must be received by the township clerk at least seven days prior to the township council meeting where the application will be approved before it goes to the LGCCC. It is advisable to submit an application at least sixty days prior to the event.
Please note that when an organization applies for a raffles license, it must include two sample tickets with its application. No tickets may be sold until the township clerk has approved the content of the ticket.
By law, the municipality is permitted to charge its own fees to defray the costs associated with administering the state's raffles licensing law. This is in addition to the LGCCC's fees.
The township's fee schedule is identical to that of the LGCCC's, which follows. Therefore, when your organization submits its raffles application to the township clerk, it must be accompanied by two separate checks-one payable to Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission and one payable to the Township of Randolph-both checks will be for the same amount.
On-Premises Raffles - Cash (50/50) Or Merchandise
- Less than $400.00: No fee
- $400.00+: $20.00 for each day on which a drawing is to be conducted under the license.
- Cash (50/50): $20.00 fee at the time of application. In the event that the awarded prize exceeds $1,000.00, then an additional fee of $20.00 per thousand or part thereof in value of the awarded prize shall be forwarded to the state together with the Raffle Report of Operations form.
- Merchandise: $20.00 for each $1,000.00 or part thereof of the retail value of the prize.
Other Types Of Raffles
- Non-Draw Raffles: $20 for each wheel or game held on any one day, or any series of consecutive days not exceeding six at one location. (Examples: carnival games or wheels)
- Instant Raffle Games: $20.00 for each day on which instant raffle tickets are sold or offered for sale or $750.00 for a one-year license to sell, or to offer for sale, instant raffle tickets during that year.
- Hole-in-One Contest: $20.00 per $1,000.00 or part thereof of the retail value of the ancillary prizes offered.
- Casino Night: $100 for each day of operation (includes up to 5 game tables); $20 per day additional for each additional game table.
For your convenience, we have made the following forms available for download from our website. These are fillable forms that may be filled out on your computer, saved to your hard drive, and/or printed out.
- Application for Bingo License (PDF)
- Application for Raffles License (PDF)
- Application to Amend Bingo License (PDF)
- Application to Amend Raffles License (PDF)
- Bingo Report of Operations (PDF)
- LGCCC Initial Affidavit and Application for Biennial Registration (PDF)
- Raffle Report of Operations (PDF)
- Sample Ticket Form - Cash (PDF)
- Sample Ticket Form - Merchandise (PDF)